Wednesday, June 17, 2009

time for a new adventure

unfortunately, after 135 miles or so, my little legs decided that it was too much. so i have dropped out of this adventure with the boys. i decided that it was better for the two of them to go on and have fun, than to try and put up with me stopping on every hill. i think it's okay to admit that i'm just not capable of something like this quite yet. we arrived in towanda at around 11, currently i'm waiting for my dad, he's on his way to come and rescue me.
i'm a little dissapointed in myself. i kept hoping that maybe if i just told myself i could do it, i would. but maybe i just don't work like that.
at least i have made it this far. not everyone can say that they have accomplished this sort of thing. right now, i am content in my shortcomings.
before the guys headed off to ithica, we decided to share a last meal together. we went to this little pizza place called papa v's. we ordered the "holiday pizza" it was really very good. then i sent the guys on there way so that they wouldn't lose daylight. so, they are still going strong! woohoo!

-carly

3 comments:

  1. I am very very proud of you. That you got as far as you did but also for this decision. It took a lot of courage to do both. I must admit that "selfishly" I'll sleep better not worrying about you. love you sweetie - mrs g

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Bev. You are my hero for even getting out on the road but I'm very happy that you are headed safely to your little bed. If you want an adventure, come down here and I'll stick you out on a street corner to make me some money while I sit in the coffee shop 3 feet away and watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh come on girl! you did a good job!
    I hope the rest of the team will be together for more and more time in this amazing adventure! It sounds to be too hard job but rewarding at the end (:

    Mistika

    ReplyDelete