Tuesday, July 14, 2009

hello! goodbye! best of times!

Well, it's been a little while since I've written. Your dear selves deserve better! It's just that we've been so busy experiencing Life at its fullest that there's just not enough time to write about it! We're actually still in Montreal. It's midmorning Tuesday, and we're about to leave. Yesterday it was making thunderstorms up in the sky, and we didn't want to serve as human lightning-rods, so we stayed another day.

I can say without a doubt that that the week of Sunday to Sunday was the best week of my entire life. Each day was so full of beautiful moments, new adventures and friends, freeing experiences... the (very) abbreviated version is that I: learned to really let myself go and dance, (and discovered the healing freeing power of uninhibited dance) connected deeper with another human being in two days than I have with most people in two years, experienced night after night of INCREDIBLE and varied music from all over the world, watched the sun rise over the city from Mont Royal, explored, played guitar with new friends in the park, watched fireworks during a thunderstorm, (explosions from below and above at the same time!) and really LIVED to the max, in the moment, every moment, finally free, not only on the outside, but finally on the inside too. I feel like I've grown more as a person in the last week than in the whole year before it, and I've found a place I want to be for a while and a person I want to be there to be with...

It's sad to leave here, today. But I'm also so filled up with gratitude at the excellence of life and filled with the joy and spirit and energy of this place and its people, and I'm hoping that's a spirit that's g0ing to stay a part of me forever.

I want to give you all some one word admonitions straight from the heart:

Love. Dance. Give. Play. Laugh. Be.

Maybe this moment is your last. Live in it to the max, if it's one of sorrow then really cry your guts out and if it's one of joy then laugh like mad, give of your heart to those around you, friends new and old, and be who you are freely without caring what people think. These are the lessons of my time in Montreal.

peace be with you

dan

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the updates... sounds like you guys are having an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete