Friday, July 10, 2009

A Short Confession

As many of you dear readers might have guessed, of we three busketeers I have certainly been the most negligent in the blogging area. In these past weeks (has it been four already?) I have left only, what, two or three posts? I had written a rather lengthy lament after Dan and I parted ways with Carly near the New York border for our separate adventures, but it seemed far too much like a eulogy for my liking, which would not be fitting seeing as Carly is still very much alive (and probably significantly stronger in the leg area than many of the rest of us!). The fact is this: I am horrid at juggling. I can spend hours dazed in front of a backlit computer screen, or I can immerse myself fully in an ocean of exciting escapades. But alas! I have not been blessed with, or have not yet developed, the ability to preform both simultaneously! This is why my long-distance communication skills are often quite lacking. I love you. I really do. I'm just not good at juggling... yet.

But there are times when my ocean of joy overflows into the city sidewalks and country roads, and I cannot keep it in! I cannot! And so for these times, when my pen is finally exhausted from lining my journal pages or scribbling postcards, I may finally turn to this blog to share with you as I really long to. Mark you: this is no resolution to type many more posts in the future. But my joy has been unusually full lately and so maybe, just maybe, I might finally say a word or two.

1 comment: